Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Getting Better Everyday!!!

My surgery was on March 12. It has been awhile since I have even turned my computer on, much less updated. Sorry to keep you all in the dark for so long.

I am doing much better. Starting to feel like my old self again!!!

My surgery went well. It was 6 1/2 hours long. It was a long day for my family and friends but I just had a nice little nap and woke up in what seemed like a few minutes. I think my family had fun during my surgery too. They said I should have joined them they were having a party!!!


I had a couple rough days in the hospital. It seems Morphine does nothing for my pain. Once I convinced the nurses that I was in "real pain", they contacted the dr and he changed my medicine to Dalatid (sp). I was like a new woman, I was ready to get up and go for a walk within 15 minutes!!! Its amazing what good pain medicine can do for a person. I spent three nights in the hospital. It was so good coming home!!!

I had three drains when I came home. I am now down to one. It will probably have to stay for at least another week because it is still draining alot of fluid. I do not get a real shower until it is out!!! I'm so ready for a shower!!!

I go back to the dr on Friday! The plastic surgeon to check my drain and have my first pump up...haha!! He will begin filling the expanders that day and I will go back every two weeks for a few months until they are the correct size and then my silicone implants will be put in. It's a long process! I also go to the oncologist on Friday to find out when chemo will begin. He had said about a month after surgery. I'm thinking the week after Easter. I'm dreading it, but ready to get it over with and get my life back!!!

My husband has been absolutely amazing. I love that man so much!!! He has took such good care of me, the kids, and our home. I haven't had to do anything since coming home!! He has really suprised me:)

I have so many awesome people in my life that have done so much for me. I have not had to cook a meal since finding out my diagnosis!! People bring me meals each day, it's so amazing. Thank you to everyone for your calls, visits, flowers, food, money, and especially prayers. You will never know how very much it is appreciated!!! I'm a little behind on getting thank you cards out, but please know that it has not went unnoticed!!!

God Bless You All!!!

Love-

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment